Thursday, October 23, 2008

wood, pencil and a brush in hand...




Gentle, Feminine, Graceful, Dreamy... 

Here are some works of Audrey Kawasaki... Her drawings of girls captures your attention and entices you back for more. With a dash of contradiction in some of her pieces, you can't help but sometimes wonder what was going through her mind while doing her thing. I've been practicing and learning to draw people and facial features for awhile now and Audrey's works are an inspiration to me. Staring into the eyes of the girls... sometimes feels as though they have a life of their own... and a story to tell.

In her interview (email correspondence) with Lifelounge, Audrey wrote about herself not doing face to face interviews... She wrote: "not a good talker in person... my brain doesn't function as quickly as most people... But on paper, or on canvas or wood, with a pencil... I can be as loud as I want!" That's something I can relate to... its nice to know someone has the same thoughts like your own... don't you think? 

I would love to have a piece of her work... unfortunately... everything on her site is sold out... and anything on ebay is worth a fortune! I'll wait... ONE DAY!!! I'll have it up hanging on the wall at home...

Hope you love her work as much as I do!

XOXO,
Amanda

No comments: